STUDY OF THE UNITED STATES INSTITUTES (SUSI) FOR SCHOLARS/PROFESSIONALS12/12/2011
A total of six programs will be offered for university-level faculty and other scholars:
- American Politics and Political Thought program hosted by University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Institute on Contemporary American Literature program hosted by the University of Louisville.
- Journalism and Media program hosted by Ohio University
- Religious Pluralism program hosted by University of California, Santa Barbara
- U.S. Culture and Society program hosted by New York University.
- U.S. Foreign Policy program hosted by the University of Florida
You can get more detailed information about the activities of each program from the Embassy's website.
- Candidates should be mid-career, typically between the ages of 30-50, highly-motivated and experienced professionals generally from institutions of higher education or research focused organizations (non-profits, think tanks, etc.).
- Candidates must have graduate degrees and have substantial knowledge of the thematic area of the institute.
- Candidates must have firm plans to enhance, update or develop courses and/or educational materials with a U.S. studies focus or component at their home institution.
- English proficiency is required.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have no prior or limited experience in the United States.
The program will cover all participation costs.
How to apply
Candidates can select only one program for participation. They are required to submit their CV and motivation essay for the selected program to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "SUSI scholars" by 5pm on December 20, 2011. For more information, please contact the Embassy at 4980335 ext 4327 or forward your questions to email@example.com